The Romanian Radio Broadcasting Company’s concert venue Mihail Jora is known also as the Radio Hall.
The venue was built in 1959 and inaugurated two years later.
Thoroughly refurbished in 2009, the Radio Hall has a seating capacity of 1,000 and it is the only one that offers the possibility of live digital recordings. Seven musical ensembles perform in this hall: The Romanian Radio National Orchestra, The Romanian Radio Chamber Orchestra, The Romanian Radio Academic Choir, The Romanian Radio Children’s Choir, The Romanian Radio Big Band, The Romanian Radio Folk Music Orchestra, the “Voces” Quartet. The Radio Hall’s organ (built in 1960, in The Czech Republic) – one of the largest organs in Europe (with 7,600 pipes) – is the venue’s center of interest. The Radio Hall is named today The Mihail Jora Concert Hall, honoring Romanian composer and conductor Mihail Jora, a Titular Member of the Romanian Academy, as well as Professor and Rector of the Royal Academy of Music, Bucharest.
STR. GEN. H. M. BERTHELOT 60-64